If you own real estate and are inspired by the idea of putting land back into the Public Trust, and providing affordable housing for future generations, consider donating part or all of your property to our CLT.
CAN I DONATE JUST A PORTION OF THE EQUITY?
ARE THERE DIFFERENT POSSIBLE WAYS OF DOING THIS?
Yes there are. You may:
- Donate your land and home(s) through your Trust or Will.
- State in your Will that after you die, the Estate will sell the property to CommonSpace CLT
at below-market price.
- Sell or donate your property to CommonSpace CLT now, at below-market price.
- Donate your property now and continue living in your home for as long as you choose to.
- Donate some of the equity from your home to CommonSpace CLT to use to create affordable housing.
Each option has advantages depending on your needs, goals, and financial situation. There are tax
advantages to each possibility, and we recommend you consult with your tax accountant or
attorney to decide which best matches your situation.
CommonSpace CLT is open to being creative with possibilities — as we are all in this together.
By contributing your property to CSCLT, you will experience the satisfaction of contributing to a
growing movement changing the way our society views private property and how we live together.
If you have questions or are interested in discussing how this might work for you, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Or write to us at Commonspace CLT, 1809 Cooper Rd, Sebastopol, Ca.95472.